Most that strive to be the top personal injury lawyers in British Columbia will not only be members in good standing with the Law Society of BC but also will be able to access the important resources for fighting ICBC injury claims in a cost effective and timely manner. For my practice (Holness Law Group “HLG”) representing personal injury claimants in BC since 1995 I have found downtown Vancouver to be the best place to set up my personal injury law firm. The combination of access to the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal as well as the convenience of litigation support services makes it a hard city to beat.
I represent injury claimants from all over British Columbia so it is important to know that no matter where you are in BC you can have a Vancouver personal injury lawyer working for you. Conversely you can live in Vancouver and have a lawyer represent you from anywhere in BC. Here are a few quick tips when looking for a Vancouver personal injury lawyer:
- If your case will require many court appearances consider getting a lawyer that has an office close to the Vancouver Court House. This will cut down on the cost of travel and courier fees;
- The modern up-to-date and informed lawyer will read new cases relevant to their area of legal practice on a daily or weekly basis;
- A personal injury lawyer should have the ability to “top up” cases from their office to ensure the law has not been changed;
- Ensure your lawyer’s suppliers are based in the Lower Mainland if your case has been filed in the Vancouver Court Registry as this will likely reduce the costs of your case.
- Ask the lawyer whether he or she has ever filed a claim against ICBC before. Some lawyers work for ICBC and also work for people suing ICBC.
You can read more about how to choose an injury lawyer from my prior articles. This has been posted byMr. Renn A. Holness